Props And Pistons 2020
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 13th 2020!
The Props and Pistons Show and Shine is now set for September 13th, 2020. Enjoy static aircraft displays, food trucks, a car show, and NEW TO 2020: a live vehicle and aircraft auction (separate ticket purchase is necessary for this secondary event).
Admission to Props and Pistons at the Red Deer Regional Airport is once again a donation to your Red Deer and District Food Bank!
Scroll to the bottom of the page for answers to all of your PROPS AND PISTONS QUESTIONS!
Planning to Visit the Red Deer Regional Airport and Attend Props and Pistons?
- How much is admission to the event? Admission is simply a food bank donation of cash or a non-perishable food donation!
- Does My Donation Include Auction Tickets? No, auction tickets will be available soon online through Franklin Auctions!
- Will There Be ATM's on site? Yes! There will be ATM's available before the entrance, and one inside the show! Bring cash to avoid lines though!
- Can I bring along my dog? We recommend leaving your pet at home. As this event is on airport asphalt, it can be warm and uncomfortable for your pet. If you must bring your animal, ensure it is leashed and under control at all times. Picking up after your animal is also required.
- Can I ride my bicycle? Though you may arrive at the show via bicycle, you must leave your bike at the gate, with hundreds of cars and aircraft on display, cruising around between displays is not permitted.
- Can I take photos at the event? Of course! Take em, post em, share em, tag em! We welcome all photographers, professional and amateur, to have fun at this event! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Looking to Display your Vehicle or Aircraft At the Props and Pistons Show?
Once again we will feature trophy awards for Fan Voted BEST IN SHOW for vehicle and aircraft categories!
- What do we need to do to register a vehicle/bike/ect? No pre-registration required! Just arrive at 8:30AM at the airport and follow the signage! We do ask that all displaying vehicles bring a cash or food donation for our Red Deer and District Food Bank!
- Do I need to display all day? Keep in mind, you will need to be on site at 3:00PM to be awarded the Fan Favorite Props and Pistons Trophy! Should you need to leave in the event of an emergency, please contact our staff to ensure you are doing so safely! \\
- What if it rains? In the event of mild weather, the event will continue! Stay alert to social media feeds for real-time updates closer to the event date.
- AIRCRAFT! How do I register my airplane? please email email@example.com for more information of aircraft parking, fly in, and transient aircraft parking for those pilots "coming and going" throughout the day! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Looking to get involved with the Franklin Auction that will be hosted in conjunction with Buffalo Airways?
- How do I purchase tickets to attend the auction? Ticket information will be available soon through franklinauction.ca
- What can I sell through this auction? Franklin Auction will be auctioning off antique cars, aircraft, motorcycles, if it has wheels - it will be sold!
- How to I sign up to sell my vehicle/aircraft? contact the team at franklinauction.ca to get your vehicle registered for Props and Pistons! They will let your know the sellers fees, commission rates, and process to get you started!
- When will the auction run? The Auction portion of Props and Pistons is a two day event, and will run Saturday May 23rd and Sunday May 24th. This auction will also be streamed online through Proxibid - and broadcast to over 70,000 car collectors around the world! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>